Community Healthlink is committed to promoting, restoring, and maintaining the physical health, mental health and dignity of adults, children and families in Central Massachusetts who are experiencing mental illness, addiction or homelessness. Community Healthlink’s services are grounded in the principles of recovery and the belief that every person has the right to choose his or her own recovery path. Community Healthlink uses evidence-based practices and relevant state-of-the-art research aimed at improving the lives of our consumers.
Community Healthlink will be the provider of choice in Central Massachusetts for prevention, treatment and recovery programs addressing mental health, addiction, and homelessness. Community Healthlink will be financially sustainable, while providing a safety net for the communities we serve.
Our Core Values
Community Healthlink is a person-focused, culturally sensitive/responsive service organization, committed to providing services to people who are the most vulnerable, training future health care providers and actively participating in innovative research. We strive to empower and promote the wellbeing of the individuals and families we serve, as well as the caring and innovative staff who provide our valuable services.
Community Healthlink values:
• Partnerships among individuals served, family members, and professionals;
• Participation in research to evaluate and develop new treatment methods and to achieve better understanding of mental illness and addiction disorders;
• Evidence-Based Practice, as well as innovation based on our own experience and creativity;
• Providing training and education opportunities for professionals of all disciplines;
• Collaboration with a broad range of caregivers and support services;
• Empowerment of the individuals we serve and continued efforts to eradicate stigma associated with mental illnesses and addictions;
• Diversity within its community across dimensions of race, ethnicity, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, and beliefs;
• Accountability to individuals we serve, our funders, and each other; and
• Continual efforts to improve the quality and effectiveness of our services.
Community Healthlink is a proud member of UMass Memorial Health Care, the largest not-for-profit health care system in Central Massachusetts, and is a clinical partner of the University of Massachusetts Medical School. CHL is also proud to be a partner agency of the United Way of Central Massachusetts.