"Taking Care of the people who take care of the people"
For over a year, Community Healthlink has been developing an initiative to make our agency "the best place to get care and the best place to give care."
Throughout the course of this time, CHL has formed a committee of diverse employees from across the entire organization. Through the development and implementation of various strategies, the Inclusion Initiative team will focus on the goal of "taking care of the people who take care of the people."
CHL's strategic initiatives are aligned with our True North. We want to become the best place to give care and the best place to get care. Each strategic initiative focus on one or more areas: Our Clients, Our People, Our Discoveries, and Our Futures.
Our Inclusion Initiative is focused on Our People, with a goal to increase staff inclusion and engagement.
The Inclusion Initiative team has partnered with the nationally recognized consulting firm of V. Randolph Brown and Sons Consulting, and has developed the following six inclusion goals:
1. Stay aligned with UMASS strategic initiatives.
2. Support CHL's mission and vision.
3. Enable the delivery of culturally competent and compassionate care to all.
4. Create an inclusive, diverse, and engaged workplace for all staff members.
5. Support and nurture teamwork.
6. Connect the Inclusion Initiative to major CHL initiatives.
The Inclusion Initiative members have been split into six subcommittees, and each is charged with developing an action plan for a specific goal above. Some of the action items that will be rolled out in the near future include:
- Implementation of a "WE CARE" campaign focused on supporting CHL staff in their efforts to serve clients.
- Implementation of a comprehensive inclusion communication process.
- Development of an internal process to proactively resolve client/staff diversity issues.
- Development and implementation of a mentoring and coaching support for diverse staff development and growth.
- Increasing of executive rounding to interact with diverse staff.
- Tracking and monitoring diverse staff engagement and experiences as compared to majority staff, and implement tailored solutions.
- Implementation of role appreciation and job swapping processes, targeting diverse staff.
- Provision of training, skill development, and support in the areas of diversity, inclusion, and culturally competent and compassionate care for all employees.