MyLink, a collaborative project between Community Healthlink and UMass Medical Center Emergency Department, is a coordinated response to care for individuals with multiple health and social needs who frequently turn to the Emergency Department for help. The MyLink Team consists of experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate community health workers from diverse communities and backgrounds, who speak the following languages: English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Twi, and Albanian.
The purpose of MyLink is:
- To work with ER doctors, nurses, social workers and care managers to reach out to individuals who frequently visit the ER and are in need of support
- To facilitate connection with and strengthen an individual’s relationship to primary care and community services
The MyLink Team will:
- Develop and maintain rapport with individuals referred to Mylink
- Provide phone outreach and follow up home visits
- Provide “hands on” case management support, including transportation to appointments with health care providers
- Link individuals to community resources and valuable information to improve health and wellness
- Help advocate to improve an individual’s access to care
Making a referral is easy!
MyLink features a flexible and open referral process. Emergency department staff may refer an individual by contacting the MyLink staff member on site, or by calling